Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Christmas Wish List

You better watch out, You better not cry, You better not pout,I'm telling you why ,Santa Claus is coming to town

He's making a list, And checking it twice , He's gonna find of who's been naughty or nice, Santa Claus is coming to town.

It is almost Christmas . And I’m looking forward to it this year like I’ve never looked forward to it for many years past. When I was a kid , I would anxiously wait for Christmas because it is truly magical with Santa Claus and his reindeer , snow (not in Malaysia) , gifts , beautifully lit and decorated Christmas trees , school holidays, television programmes , puddings and so on. Now, I like it more as I have developed good taste for wine and appreciating Santarina (ok, for sometime now).

After 37 years , I have decided to make my Christmas wish list for the first time. I have never felt this way before and I want to share my list with everyone and maybe if all of us make the same wish, it might come true. I have listed my wishes as below:-

a) There should not be another child hereafter sent to the orphanage;

b) There should not be another senior citizen hereafter sent to the old folks home;

c) There should not be another patient dying hereafter because he is unable to pay
for medical bills;

d) There should not be another child hereafter deprived for education;

e) There should not be another person hereafter suffers from malnutrition;

f) There should not be another person hereafter discriminated against race, religion
and sexual preference;

g) There should not be another natural disaster;

h) There should not be another war;

i) There should not be separation between loved ones;

j)There should not be another person hereafter taking his own life;

I realised that the first ten wishes are purely about appreciating what life is and when you look deeper, it is love that I see. Love is beautiful and instead of chasing love we spend more time chasing after things which does not last. Let us now spend more time with love ones , good friends and the Creator Himself, rest assured life will be blissfully beautiful.

As a wishful thinker, I decided to have my list longer as I believe this will bring us, Malaysians, to greater heights and for a better living:-

1) An education policy or system which will make all our children to compete
internationally;

2) Health programmes that will benefit all social classes;

3) Lower prices for goods and services;

4) Reliable public transport;

5) Efficient and effective enforcement(Police,MACC,Immigration,Customs);

6) Independent judiciary;

7) Free press;

8) No more oppressive laws that curtails freedom of speech and assembly;

9) To freeze and confiscate assets amassed by individuals who are holding public
offices;

10) To arrest, prosecute and embarrass corrupted leaders;

11) Getting rid of Barisan Nasional/UMNO and it's slaved coalition partners;

12) Voting in a new government;

I guess this is it. I don't think I have asked too much and I hope by next Christmas all my wishes would come true.Where there is life there is wishful thinking. Merry Christmas and happy new year everyone. Till then...........

P.S

The language of frustration does not know grammar or spelling. To the English Pandits, thank you, and I will try and improve my language.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a English pundit, pandi maybe. Just watch the commas and full-stops which should be immediately after the last word. Trust me, I know most intelligent blogger who happened to have the same issues with commas and periods. Full-stops I mean, not the cyle. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Maccha.

    ReplyDelete